Thursday, June 23, 2011

Carbon Copies

Genetic imprint? Call it what one may, it is strange how certain patterns of behaviours and games repeat themselves.

"Amma, Sadhvi says she has vampire teeth. If she bites, she can suck blood and she enjoys the taste," my daughter told me, transporting me back immediately to my early school days.

"Nisha says you love eating human flesh," I remember a friend telling me about another friend. I had sat down and cried - quite a melodramatic scene it was. All the boys and girls surrounded me and asked me to have lunch. I said, "No, I will only have flesh!" Wonder why no one thought of calling the bluff and saying there was plenty around me to bite into!

"There is ghost" is another all time favourite.

How do these tales find their way into the mouths of every school-going child sometime or the other?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...