Thursday, November 10, 2022

The Amalgam

I rest on the floor, drop my weight
The physical, not insignificant
But the emotions, heavier
I feel them gravitate away

Into the loving folds
Of the mother's embrace
Hard to touch but soft within
Remaining still to receive me

Nourishing me with her abundance
Nurturing me with love and care
Accepting the blows I land on her
Steadying me when I dither

Gratitude wells up as I rest my head
And feel her smile reflected on my face
My heart sings with joy as I realise
She will be with me night and day

I bow to thee, Mother Earth
For giving me food and a home
For coming with me every inch of the way
Even when I forget where I belong.

To her hard touch contrasts the subtle ether
Wrapping itself around me with tender care
Like father's love, never evident but there
A sheath, a veil, hidden but nevertheless present

Caressing me gently with soft strokes
Being a life force within me and without
Supporting my very breath, keeping me alive
Showering on mother earth so she may nurture

Not demanding, nor even seeking attention
Filling my entire being without pretensions
Till I realise I am nothing but an amalgam
Of the elusive space and the grounded earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...