Saturday, November 12, 2022

Ode to Mother Earth

My feet work fast
My head in the air
Thoughts flying in all directions
Eyes observing everything there

Body wearing out with action
Working, thinking even in inaction
Adding burdens but carrying on
Wanting wings to fly anon

I rest on the floor 
At the end of a weary day
Oblivious to the caring Earth's love 
Coming my way

The mind involved
Day in and day out
Catching my breath
Calculating the steps
  
The birds sing
The bees hum
The trees bloom
Bearing apples and plum

Colour splashes
Light and shadow play
The world is abuzz
But I am too frayed

Unmindful, past caring
Living and yet not
Ticking off lists
Running like an automaton

How long can I stand
On my own will?
Weary, I drop
To catch a few breaths 

In that state
Of being and not  
The mind asleep
But a little aware

I feel your love 
Seeping through
I drop all burdens
And feel restful

Like a teenager
Turning away 
From mother's love 
Only to seek it later

I return to your fold
Refreshed, reformed
Contrite about the lost years
Wholeheartedly I surrender

I walk light-footed
I hear the birds sing
The bees hum
The flowers bloom  

I see the world 
With new eyes
And feel elixir
Flow through my veins

The spring in the step
The joy in my heart
The secrets revealed
In heart-to-heart

When I touch you
With a bowed head
I hear you whisper
Loving and kind words

May I always 
Know this joy
May I always
Be one with your ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...