Saturday, August 17, 2019

Joy, I Choose

I sharpened my nails
I bared my fangs
I readied words
More hurtful than bombs


I frothed in anger
I seethed and foamed
I felt wronged
For revenge I longed

Only then will I rest
My blood become calm
My ego soothed
My fury abated

But will I triumph?
Will that feeling last
Or another hurt
Take its place fast?

When I am gone,
Will this matter?
A year from now
Who will remember?

Oh, the futility, the waste!
To be erased, with no trace
Cherished like treasure
All this venom and hate

I discard this 
Like the snake its skin
I won't be its slave
I refuse to give in!

I fight, but not with not you
I find better things to do
I soar, I fly, not to be weighed down
I am free to choose and joy I choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...