Sunday, March 13, 2011

Never Say No

My mother says that. Let me start with this...in movies, there will be this hero or heroine who will keep quoting his or her mother/father and I have always wondered about such "quotable" people.

I was thrillled that I could start with this quote. "Never say no, for that is what you will get," meri maa kehti thi...truly. Though she said it only in one context which I won't get into here.

But it applies so well to certain things in my life. I said: I will not study literature, become a journalist, learn to type or use computers, or become a teacher.

Graduated in BA Literature
Second job onwards, been in a journalistic set up.
Have to use computers to type in stories, and am pretty fast with typing.
The only thing I managed to achieve till last year was not become a teacher. This year was a dance teacher at my kids' school.

Each has been a satisfying experience. On Mar 12, when the annual day happened, the applause to the show my six kids put up was heart-warming... Will do it again, and again, and again...

Glad that you sometimes get what you don't want. Or else, how will you know how satisfying an experience it can be?





2 comments:

  1. How interesting that life takes us through new experiences....if we have the will to try... I never wanted to cook but marraige was such a wonderful phenomena with a foodie husband I was inspired to cook !! And now I blog too !!

    Super Yummy Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will to try, to go with the flow, and to adapt...I think those are the key words to happiness, learning new skills...

    Your blog page is amazing.

    Incidentally, I never thought I would blog :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...