Sunday, August 14, 2022

Free At Last

It was a long road
I walked bare feet
Carrying some burdens
And memories sweet


Open and vulnerable
Closed and thoughtful
Expecting miracles
An ending beyond wonderful

The ordinary kept pace
Like a pet that wouldn't stray
Persistently tugging along
Much as I tried to shake it away

Turnings I feared to take
Clinging to the straight path ahead
Fearful of the unknown
Holding on to known devils instead

With no turns and twists
A rim-rod straight road
How far could it take me?
But led me to a dead-end

Not an inch ahead
Could I move
Blocking my way
A wall of saturation stood

Bereft and betrayed
On my feet, I swayed
Regretting that true
To the false, I stayed

The past was gone
I couldn't turn back
Hemmed in from all sides
Feeling as if in barracks

Then my eyes
Went beyond the wall
It was not what I feared
A barrier that blocked it all!

It was a challenge
Thrown at me
To make me think
And find ways to exit

To see the vastness
Once the wall broke
Setting me free
Giving me much hope

Not this or that
One thing or the other
Something beyond
As boundless as ether

Beckoning with promises
Of unbounded joy
Of novel experiences
That I can now enjoy

Tested by fire
Honed by experience
Ready to embrace
Beauty and newness

The scales fell
With new eyes, I see
The journey made me ready
To swim in this vast sea

Each step gave me strength
Each blow made me smile more
Feeling gratitude and happiness
With a spring in the step I set forth.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...