Saturday, September 12, 2020

An Unhurried Life


I sow a seed
Trim a branch
Prune some leaves
I care dearly for my plants

Morning and evening I rush
To see if my lovely bush
Has spouted new leaves
Has let out new buds 

All my eagerness
The songs I sing 
The caring touch
Not a change do they bring

And yet it is changing
One small cell at a time
Taking its time, enjoying
Not caring that I fret

Sometimes the bud
Blooms and withers before I see
Reminding me that I am nothing
In the life that it leads!

It takes its time
Grows at its own pace
I am but an instrument
To nudge it along the way

How unhurried is its life!
How slow its pace!
Does it not want too?
Excitement insane?

And yet the excitement
Is when it blooms
Not only for itself
But even those around!

A short life lived well
Its purpose served with beauty
In silence and contentment
Fading away gracefully

Why do I feel so calm
An unadulterated joy?
Nothing achieved and yet 
Basking in glory unalloyed?

To be patient
To let events take time
To let actions bear fruits
Or vanish without a sign

Our beginning and end
Will be as they are meant
Then wouldn't the life
Be so too in-between?

Let things happen
Let things be
Go with the flow
Or be washed away by it.

 









 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...