Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Sky Has No Limits

The sky today, and not for the first time, was a unique mixture of uniform grey interspersed with different hues of the VIBGYOR. A gorgeous sight that I could have stood and watched for hours.

As I have, in the past.

An indelible impression of the sky almost three decades back.




It was June 1987. I stood in the balcony of my house on eighth floor in Calcutta, suspended, so to say, between this world of ours and the heavens. The front yard of the quarters I lived in - a small driveway for the cars a few residents owned and drove - was filled with children and youth of varied age groups playing and enjoying the vacation time. Though it was time for me to go down too and join the fun, I held back, just enjoying the scene, and occasionally glancing at the pre-monsoon sky that stretched endlessly in white, making me wonder if this is what Siberial looks like. Just plain white.

In the monochrome sky, there appeared a small crack, and out peeped the rarest of turquoise blue, accompanied tentatively by shocking pink. A patch of blue sky gave them moral support from behind.

My attention shifted from the noisy game below to the silent and colourful game the sky played above me. In the next one hour before the sunlight vanished under the earth for the day, the sky displayed several hues and kept me entertained.

The sky, truly has no limits... There is so much to see and enjoy. Be it the plain blue, the blue sky with the green tree cover beneath, the grey monsoon clouds, the shifting shape of the clouds the sun peeking from behind the cloud cover, Sun's rays scattering around a cloud... Just too much happening that one lifetime is not enough!


3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...