Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Circle

I admired the circle
Perfect and round
And stepped in to see
It circle around.

No beginning
Nor an end
No confusion
Joined from end to end

I pulled it in
I pushed it out
I played with
The shapely contours

Sometimes big
Sometimes small
I admired how it remained
Always perfect and round.

The world outside
Changed and changed
But in my small circle
It all remained the same

Like a fortress
It kept me safe
But of new things
There was not a whiff

I chafed suddenly
At being confined
But knew not now
How to step out of the line

No start no finish
No gates to show
Where the circle
Had a weak link to blow

It had me trapped
In its narrow confines
Narrowing my thoughts
Narrowing my mind

Open the gates
I cried from within
But the circle of safety
Had me in its grip

Yes its perfect
Yes its round
But never step in
For you can never step out.

1 comment:

  1. Well, one needs to break out....make a breakthrough & break free! There's a lot of the world unknown that's imperfect & haphazard, but, the beauty is this that this too is divinely amazing. This is for all, who are, due to circumstances, trapped in that prosaic, tutored circle!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...