Saturday, April 23, 2022

The Insignificant I

Wave after wave
of generations rise and fall
In that tumble of people
I am less than a little drop

In a universe 
a billion years old
of Cosmic proportions
As yet untold

A flash in 
a bubbling cauldron
For a moment here
Next moment gone

Trees and monuments
from eons before
Will remain standing
ere I begone

Their stay too 
will end sometime
Watched by Mother Earth
biding her time

Will she too vanish
someday in the future?
Withdrawn into 
the Ultimate Maker

Only to be thrown forth
in the next cycle
When will return
my soul, a trifle?

Too insignificant
but making noise
wanting attention
or losing poise

My views, my opinions
what matter they?
When my life itself
is just for a few days?

Dwarfed by giants
silently watching 
life passing by
tripping and stumbling!

Recording but
not judging
forgetting for
there is nothing distinct

Man is the same
whether you or me
though we delude 
that we are unique

Are we puppets
with chains?
Our course
already destined?

Yet we struggle
fight the current
cry our fate
complaint pouring in a torrent

The river of life
will wash us away
pushing us 
into the sea willy-nilly

Swim with the tide
rest for sometime
enjoy the moment
let go when it's time

You are insignificant
even if 'powerful'
meant to do
if, at all anything, meaningful

When the life begins
making a tiny splash
Ending not the end
Grateful for the brief flash.



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...