Monday, August 14, 2017

The Free Spirit

A laugh gurgles within me
As I watch you celebrating

Branding me as slave and free
Enjoying in the name of democracy

Who can chain me, who can bind?
My spirit roams free and fine


Even those who come to enslave
See me only to fall in love

Becoming bound by my bounty
No matter the plight of the surroundings

Bewitching, I lure the innocent
Showering on all my love, incessant

But love works in strange ways
Some give, and some take away

With riches goes a part of me
Filling hearts with sympathy

I can never be bound in chains
For you will find, it is in vain.

Don't lose hope, don't give up
What goes down must come up

I remain as true as always
Ready with love, just mend your ways.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...