Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Rebirth: From Babe's Mouths

"Amma, I have to ask you one thing. Actually, two things" my daughter started in her characteristic style. "First, I want to know when life ends."

"You asked me that earlier," I reminded her.

"Yes, but what I want to know is, we are born as baby, then become an akka, then mother, then grandmother; then again we are born, then dadadada, then dadada; then again... So I want to know when this will end." She sounded like she was already tired of being born again and again.

So I escaped with the tale of dinosaurs, how they became extinct, but others came in their place.

"Ok, I want to know what I was in the previous birth. Does anyone know? Like if I was Chinese or something else." And I always wondered why the reiki I did on myself when she was in my womb and the Ojas for pregnant women that I listened to had not had a positive impact!

If other parents get such queries, I replied, "That's because if you remembered that you were Chinese, you will want to go back to your Chinese mother and not love me."

That satisfied her for the time being - relief.

Is she just 7?
The first  time she asked me the first question: Life and Death

3 comments:

  1. Very profound question and what a tongue-in-cheek answer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed...that' one of the reasons you don't remember the previous births. Otherwise there will never be a possibility of moksha - you'll keep running back to the past:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats a question we would like to run away.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...