Monday, April 11, 2011

Yet another victim of automation

My gas agency was one place where I could call, give my customer ID, be told when to expect my gas cylinder and be done with it in exactly 3 minutes. But today, I was given a customer care number, put on to automated voice message which made me press 1 and 2 to choose my options, get confirmations that my agency name was x, my contact number was y, and then give me a booking number (which I didn't realise was coming so was not prepared to note) and then rung off. Now I am not sure when to expect my gas cylinder! :(

Maybe for the agency this is some form of simplification, but for the tech-duh me...it has me still shaking. What's happened to the human touch?

4 comments:

  1. I know!

    Even the human touch as you knew it - is now Customer Care. And seriously - they never make me feel as if they do! (Care!)

    They never know what you are requesting, ask for confirmation on the same thing twice, and then say that our satisfaction is utmost to them! Yeah! Right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get to call 24 hours now and get a order confirmation SMS. What you may not have realized is that this gets rid of any irregularities (who gets supplies first) to a certain extent. Tech is an answer to corruption.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...