Friday, April 22, 2011

Looking for Happiness

Indian lore

God gave man everything and yet he was not satisfied. God rushed up the mountains to avoid man, but he tracked Him there. God hid in the oceans, but he followed diligently.

Frustrated and unable to satiate this demon called man, God turned to a wise sage and said, "Man is chasing me all around looking for happiness. However much I give him, he wants more. He tires me...how can I escape him?"

The wise sage said, "Hide in his heart and he shall never find you there."

Man is still looking for God and happiness.

*****
Gibran
Man went looking for peace. Peace came knocking on his door and he said, "Go away, I am looking for peace."

*********

When peace and happiness lie within us, why do we think external factors can affect it?

(I hadn't heard of the movie, The Great Indian Butterfly. Some of you may enjoy it. I did.)

Have you also read: The Super Eye; Life and Death

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...