Sunday, August 15, 2021

The Reality of the Burden

On my head
I carried the weight
of guilt and regrets
In my heart
I carried the rock
of pain and hurt

Soon they drowned
or buried deep
or so I thought
But they surfaced
with every earthquake
or a raging storm 

The burden heavier
Making me forget
All that I was taught
Can I never be free?
Can I never forget
even the distant past?

Oh, it chases you,
they said,
from birth to birth!
An ever-present
undercurrent,
underlining all you do

How do I rid
myself of this weight?
How do I let it go?
Throw it into space 
into a thousand pieces 
let it blow!

The space outside?
Some laughed.
What separates you
from it, they asked.
The lines that will
one day be wiped out?

More connected,
more united
than separate.
Lines, flesh, bones, 
like shadows,
waning and growing.

Burdens too
an illusion
to make you feel true.
For can you abide
a state where
there is really no you? 

Enjoy the solidity
or be free
and let it go.
Choice is really
yours if you dare,
don't you know?



4 comments:

  1. Excellent one. Loved every lines. The closest to this that I have read before is during my school days. It is a poem known as the poison tree. You Rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm Rangarajan, Radhika's brother. Sampath mama's son. Feels like reading a Shelly's poem. I'm not exaggerating. Convey my regards to Singari aththai and hi to Srikanth

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...