Tuesday, February 18, 2020

To Be Still

Waves after waves
of one thought or another
animated and excited
strike me in succession.


The constant chattering
of complaints and needs
of hopes and desires
wear me down thin.

Watching others,
what they wore and drove,
what they saw in me,
that's all I do.

In the mirror I see
only if I look good,
if I look smart,
if I will pass.

Measuring, judging,
assessing, analysing,
my mind overworked,
making me oh so tired.

To shut out the noise
I switch the TV on,
plugging my ears
and letting in more noise.

I roam the world
seeking silence and peace
but like my luggage
I carry all the crap within.

Even when alone
the waves strike me anon
carrying with them
all the baggage along.

To distill thoughts
and to be still
to have silence
rein my mind within.

To cut off sounds
both outside and in
all I desire
is to be still.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...