Monday, April 30, 2018

Discarded and Refused

You throw me after use
Sometimes on the road
Sometimes in the woods

You bury me in the mud
Drown me in the river
And in a moment forget

Out of mind, out of sight
That's what you think
And return to lead your life

Even your momentary touch
Do I ever forget?
It makes me long for you

I seek you out in every breath
My fumes filling your very lungs
With sweet smell of vile death

My every particle dissolves
And I find my way back
To you, whom I deeply love

The water you drink
Brings my cells to your lips
Taking you to life's brink

You made me what I am
But finally in my hands lies
What you will become

You may discard me
Still I will be forever true
Even if you name me Refuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...