Monday, September 4, 2017

A Light in the Dark

A world, only imagined?
Where I see the hero brave
Roaming unbridled
On a horse, straddled
With a bow and a sword
The courageous one swaggered


To be swept off my feet
To feel my heart flutter
And love so deep
That it can make me weep
Ache for a kiss so sweet
Arms strong to hug me as I sleep

When I daydream
Of one, larger than life
Thoughts flow like a stream
In my heart, hope gleams
Weaving stories by the ream
But a thought makes me lose steam

Made of the same clay
Just like you and me
A hero but in name
Enacting his role for a day
Back to the games he is made to play
My heart disillusioned, turns away

Who, where can I find
My heart seeks but in vain
And then it turns to thoughts divine
There I see something shine
In the dark, a simple sign
A light, in the darkest ravine

A tentative hand I put out
It fills me with warm glow
No games here, no doubts
With me through smiles and pouts
Letting me be as I ought
In trouble, pulling me out.

When our hands clasp together
I know I have found
Comfort of a mother,
Protection of a father
Love of the true lover,
Who will be with me forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...