Thursday, December 22, 2016

Social Medi-ot

Morning, in the midst of the whirl
A message pops with a tone of twirl
I pause my work and to the phone I rush,
Fearing something exciting I will miss



A forward that I have read before
And yet I giggle, tickled to the core
To this mail chain I add my weight
And to others groups I send it

"Hey I pinged you last week
But you never responded, what cheek!"
Complains one who likes to keep track
Making me feel like a dumb jack

My family screams, "we are late"
There is nothing to serve on the plate!
"Have a glass of milk," I tell them
Only to see it flowing down

They all walk out in a huff
My eyes well up and with tears puff
I type my woes to my friends online
Who reassure me and say, never mind!

My work demands attention and yet
There are so many posts to comment!
Even as I stare at the screen
What are you doing, my mind screams!

Just one more comment I will post
And jump from pillar to post
Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter, what else, god
Have me in their grip even on silent mode

To exit, the thought makes me shiver
Be silent, I tell myself with a quiver
I play hide and seek with my work
Social media is turning me into an idiot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...