Monday, September 12, 2011

We Are Our Parents

I stand in the kitchen, shouting at my son. "You know the veggies make you grow tall and strong. How can you make me say it to you everyday!"

Flashback to my childhood, and well into teenage. "Please have this beans. It tastes yummy," my parents and siblings would persuade me, unsuccessfully.

"Greens are important for making your hair grow well," I attack my daughter as she crosses her arms and pouts on seeing palak paneer on her plate.

I can even then remember how I was about greens. For a person whose plate would only accept lady's finger and potatoes, I expect a lot from my children!

"Just spend 10 min doing one subject and you will be fine."

Sigh, I wish I had done that as a kid.

I turn on my children, "You will have children just like you!"

My dad smiles at me and says, "I am glad to see your children are just like you, giving you a hard time."

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure if ur kids will eat more if u try out some interesting designs but worth a try : )

    She is one of the best food bloggers for picky eaters !
    http://littlefoodjunction.blogspot.com/


    Super Yummy Recipes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...