Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Inner Space

I stretch my hand
To reach out to you
But away you step
Leaving me to rue

I look up and smile
See you look away
A knife twists in my heart
Unsteadily I sway

Others hand me a bouquet
Clap and pat and say
How wonderful! Good job
Keep it up always

You smile wanly
Amused at others
And me for being thrilled
As if I had done wonders!

When I slip and fall
And look to you for help
You clap your hands
As if this is what you expect

This space between us
Love fills it, I thought
Clutching it with both hands
Not seeing there is naught?

Is it the mind
That plays this trick
Making me feel love
Making me tick?

I turn inward
Breaking all contact
Find love has seeped in
Filling up my heart.











1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...