Thursday, July 28, 2011

Wholesome Venture

I met her for the book 'Pathbreakers'. She had wanted to make it big in the IT world, but circumstances made her take a break, and then husband encouraged her to become an entrepreneur. She runs Jute Emporium, a shop that deals mostly with jute related products, and has other eco-friendly products too.

An article also appeared in The Hindu Retail Plus - Say Jute. I was amazed when my editor told me about the response to the article - several calls with people wanting to know more about it. There is awareness, we only need to know where to source alternate products from.

I liked the way she said - most people have to make extra efforts in CSR. I am glad my venture itself is socially responsible.

There are many like her, and many who would like to use products from people like her. I am glad I am at least getting to meet such people and write about them

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...